It’s often joked that printers are the most fickle, unreliable pieces of technology prevalent in the modern world. While stereotypes of frequent printer malfunction are often comically overstated, printers do require a specific environment and regular, dedicated upkeep to operate as intended.
Printers include lots of moving parts that interact with wet ink and dry paper to create printed copy. While these components typically all blend together in a harmonious and efficient fashion, printers often don’t work as they should due to bad paper, ink blockages or adverse environmental factors. Investing in regular printer services is an excellent way to ensure that your printer works for you when you need it the most. Visiting a printer store in Phoenix, AZ is a great way to learn more about ways that you can maximize your printer’s capabilities.
There are a number of steps that you can take to keep your printer running well. Here are just a few environmental and operational changes you can make that will make the process of using your printer much more enjoyable:
- Dehumidify: Humidity can have a dramatic impact on the way that your printer functions. It may be surprising to learn that even relatively low humidity levels can cause your printing operations to essentially come to a standstill. This is because when the ambient humidity is high, the paper in your printer bends and flexes, and becomes less crisp. This means that it’s more challenging for your printer to use the paper correctly.
- Clean nozzles regularly: Printer nozzles are bound to get clogged with any amount of regular use. Thankfully, it’s easy to find a professional specializing in printer nozzle cleaning when you consult with your local printer store in Phoenix, AZ. Working with a professional is an excellent way to ensure that your printer is working as intended throughout the year.
- Routinely update software: Almost all printers connect to your home or office’s computer system using a specialized software interface. Ensuring that you routinely update your office’s printer software will help keep communication between your computer systems and your printer running as smoothly as possible. As with any computerized devices, software updates also reduce the risk of hacking.
- Use frequently: Never go more than seven days without using your printer. In today’s increasingly digital workplace, it’s becoming more and more common to use printers infrequently. If you notice it’s been some time since you used your printer last, you should print a small test page to keep the ink flowing freely and to prevent it from drying inside the nozzles.
- Turn off when not in use: When your printer is powered on, it has its ink stores at the ready. While this makes for speedy and convenient printing, it also means that it’s more likely that the ink will dry inside the printer’s tubes and nozzles. You should turn off your printer whenever it’s not in use to prevent blockages from forming.
Since 1986, Arizona Copier Outlet has been a premier printer store in Phoenix, AZ. Visit us to learn more about ways to keep your printer running smoothly.
Categorised in: Printer Store