There are few things that are more frustrating than having your printer run out of ink in the middle of a print job. Not only does it waste paper and valuable ink, it can present you with a substantial amount of hassle as you work to restore your printer’s functionality. Ink waste is a common issue in many offices—in addition to being inconvenient, using too much ink can quickly become expensive.
If your printer seems to be using an atypical amount of ink, you may want to consult with a professional printer repair or maintenance expert. You may also want to consider visiting a printer outlet in Phoenix, AZ, to replace outdated printers that are hogging too much ink.
If there’s too much ink consumption taking place at your workplace, you should consider following these tips to reduce the amount of ink waste:
- Print in black and white: When you print a document in color, the printer combines several different inks to create black. This means that you’re sacrificing a lot of color ink to print text on a document. Unless it’s absolutely necessary, always print in black and white whenever possible.
- Print in draft mode: If image quality isn’t of top concern, you should try printing in draft mode. This is a rougher print than the more refined process that your printer typically goes through, but it will ultimately save you both ink and time.
- Don’t replace ink cartridges prematurely: Even if your printer is displaying a low ink notice, it will be able to continue printing until the cartridge is completely empty. Don’t waste valuable ink by recycling your cartridge before it’s completely used up.
- Always use print preview: Sometimes, you may inadvertently print parts of a page or website that you don’t need on your document. Use the print preview function to ensure that you’re only printing the part of the site that you need on your printed document, and nothing else.
- Reduce font size: Reducing the font size, or moving from bold to standard font, can also help you preserve ink. Even changing the font type to a more efficient font, like Times New Roman, can help you maximize your ink and help you reduce expenditures at your office.
- Tinker with the settings: Depending on your printer and your application, there are a number of settings that you can change and play around with that may help you maximize your printing efficiency. Manipulating these can help you get the most out of your ink investment.
Since 1986, Arizona Copier Outlet has been a premier printer outlet in Phoenix, AZ. We provide a wide range of quality printers and printer services to our clients. If you’re looking for a new, affordable printing solution for your home or office, reach out to one of the friendly copier and printer experts at our store to learn more about the latest and greatest available technology. We sell brand-new, near-new and refurbished printers and copiers capable of meeting a wide range of needs and budgets.
Categorised in: Printer Outlet