Printers and copiers have a bad reputation in most offices—they’re often the butt of jokes. They’re inefficient, difficult to use and notoriously stubborn. In reality, however, printers don’t have to be this way. With proper maintenance and care, you can ensure that your printer is ready for use whenever you need it the most.
If you’re struggling to get your printer working the way that you want it to, you may need to invest in multifunction copier repair in Phoenix, AZ, or consider replacing your printer. Printing technology has evolved substantially over the past several years, and it’s now possible to find a printer that’s much more stable and reliable than the printers of the past.
There are a number of ways that you can improve your approach to printer maintenance and care and ensure that you’re making the most of your investment in printing technology. Here are some simple maintenance tips that you can observe to improve the way that you care for your printer:
- Use your printer regularly: One of the best ways to ensure that your printer is always ready for use is by using it regularly. When printers aren’t in use, ink can dry on the head or in the lines, causing problems later on down the road.
- Clean the heads monthly: You should clean your ink heads at least monthly, or more frequently if your printer is used more heavily. Only clean the head with warm water—soaps and alcohol cleaners can permanently damage it.
- Clean the interior: Using a lint-free cloth, dust the interior of your printer with regularity. This will ensure that dust, debris and other detritus doesn’t impact your printer’s performance over time.
- Invest in good ink: Always use ink provided by the printer’s manufacturer. Inferior inks may dry prematurely, causing issues within your printer. Investing in the good ink is one surefire way to ensure that your printer is always ready for use, whenever you need it the most.
- Turn it off when not in use: If you’re not going to be using your printer for a while, turn it off. Keeping the printer in stand-by mode for an extended period of time could ultimately generate unnecessary heat, which may cause ink cartridges to dry.
- Update drivers and firmware: Always use the latest drivers and firmware for your printer. Often, issues that prevent your computer from correctly communicating with the printer arise when the drivers or firmware are out of date. Firmware can also make the printer more efficient.
Since 1986, Arizona Copier Outlet has been a top source of multifunction copier repair in Phoenix, AZ. We also sell a wide range of printers and copiers capable of meeting the needs of a variety of homes and offices. If you’re looking for a quality used, like-new, refurbished or new printer or copier, you can count on us to help you find the machine that best suits you. To learn more about our robust range of services, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Printer Repair