Printers aren’t a new invention, so most people now know the basics of how to operate these machines. There are a few tips, though, that can make their operation smoother and more efficient. There are also a few steps that can help you out in a jam. Use the following printer hacks from your printer outlet in Phoenix, AZ to make your printing tasks easier:
- Paper quality: It’s tempting to buy the cheapest paper possible, especially if you often print in high volumes. This is a mistake. Bargain paper might cost you more in time and money in the long run. It is often not uniformly cut and sheds a lot of dust. These characteristics make the paper hard on the printer. It can cause dust buildup and create jams and breakdowns. If you spend a little more on quality paper, you may extend the life of your machine.
- Relocating: If you move your printer (or your entire office), remove the ink cartridges and store them during the move. Protect them from extreme temperatures during the relocation. Once you and your printer are settled into the new location, reinstall the cartridges.
- Ink saver: Did you know your printer settings affect how much ink you use? Your default setting could be a much higher DPI than you need for the documents you print. Check your settings and switch to a lower resolution to save ink.
- New font: Fancier fonts can use up your ink faster than plain ones. To use less ink, stick to Calibri, Ecofont, Century Gothic or Times New Roman. If you’re printing professional documents, these are likely your go-to fonts anyway. If you’re printing something a little more fun, feel free to use other fonts—just know that you’ll use more ink.
- Toner shake-up: Is your printer telling you that your toner is low? It might be, but you can get a little more life out of it by removing the cartridge and shaking it. Be sure to hold it over the trash can while doing so!
- Extra care: A little extra TLC can go a long way with your printer. Clean it regularly. Keep it covered if it’s in a messy environment. Place it out of direct sunlight. Allow plenty of room for cords. Contact a professional at your local printer outlet in Phoenix, AZ to handle repair issues right away.
- Replacement: Have you ever been in the middle of a printing project when you run out of black ink? If you don’t have a replacement cartridge, try switching the font to dark blue or gray. This will pull ink from the color cartridge, but it will look almost the same!
Want more helpful tips to save money and make your printing life easier? Contact the experts at your local printer outlet in Phoenix, AZ. The team at Arizona Copier Outlet is ready to assist you. We offer a full line of new and refurbished copiers and printers, so we can provide in-depth information on a variety of models. We’ve been saving our customers money since 1986. Call us today to start saving tomorrow!
Categorised in: Printer Outlet