Take Advantage of Summer Break for Copier Repair in Phoenix, AZ
With the school year winding down and summer on the way, it’s a convenient time to make sure all office equipment is in good working order. Getting repairs done during the summer can help ensure that everything will be ready to go when the new school year begins in the fall.
Copiers in particular often require maintenance after a busy school year. Teachers and administrators alike rely on copiers on a daily basis, so it’s not surprising that problems might arise by the time summer rolls around. Here are a few common issues that might necessitate a call for copier repair in Phoenix, AZ:
- Paper jams: This is probably the most noticeable problem you’ll experience with a copier that gets a lot of use day in and day out. Paper jams are usually caused by loading the wrong size of paper or by misalignment in the loading tray. Surprisingly, paper jams can also be caused by a buildup of dust in the machine, which means it’s important to regularly clean the inside of the copier. If you still have problems after checking these issues, you should seek the help of a service technician.
- Wrinkled copies: It isn’t always the case that the paper itself was wrinkled to begin with. Wear and tear on a copier’s rollers or paper tray can lead to less-than-smooth copies. Replacing these components on your own can be challenging, so it’s always a good idea to have a professional do the work.
- Unwanted lines: If your copies consistently have stray lines across them, the first thing to check is the glass. Dirt or dust on the glass can cause these lines to appear, so sometimes cleaning the glass can solve the problem. If the issue persists, there might be a problem with the drum or another internal part. A technician is best qualified to diagnose the issue from there.
- Dark or light copies: Usually, copies that are too dark or too light to read are the result of the density settings being off. This is easy to fix by resetting the function to default levels. If resetting the density doesn’t solve the problem, you could be dealing with a faulty drum or toner. Again, these are issues you should consult with a professional to fix.
- Spotty pages: Copies that have spots in the same place each time will usually indicate that the glass is dirty. However, if cleaning the glass doesn’t help or the spots are inconsistently situated on the finished copies, you’ll probably need a technician to check the drum.
If you need help with copier repair in Phoenix, AZ before school starts up again, Arizona Copier Outlet is here to help. Our certified technicians can diagnose copier problems, replace broken parts or teach you ways to keep your copier working properly throughout the school year. We can also set you up with a regular maintenance program to give you peace of mind. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how we can serve you!
Categorised in: Copier Repair