One of the most frustrating things about a printer is how briefly the toner seems to last. We have all shaken the toner vigorously to get a few additional prints or copies out of it, but is this really the best way to extend the life of your toner? There are some tricks that may work to increase your toner use and cut down on toner expenses at your business, as well as prevent extra trips to the printer store in Phoenix, AZ. Next time you print, give these tips a try:
- Keep it simple: Avoid using bold and bulky fonts when you print. The thicker your fonts are, the more printer ink will need to be used. Thin and fine fonts will use the least amount of ink and allow your business to extend its toner use over the course of a cartridge. It is these small things that add up over time to savings for your business and will decrease your printer expenses.
- Go smaller: Choose a smaller font to print your pages. As long as it’s legible, does it really make a difference if it is 12 point or 14 point? Going a few font sizes down can have an impact on the amount of toner you use with each print. It takes more ink to create larger point fonts, and a small decrease can help you save.
- Proofread first: This one comes straight from the printer store in Phoenix, AZ, as we recommend proofreading your pages on the screen before you print. Simple mistakes can be corrected on the screen, avoiding the need to make another copy of your document because of a mistake. This can save on the number of prints you make and ensure you are using less toner over time.
- Change your printer settings: Your printer settings may be the reason why your business is using so much toner. Modifying your printer setting to economy level or grayscale can alter the print quality, but it may not make a noticeable difference in what you are printing. A printer store in Phoenix, AZ can help you select settings that will reduce your ink usage.
- Make a digital file instead: Have you started making digital copies of your files? Now may be the time to convert to a digital system and eliminate printing when it is not absolutely necessary. Some files have to be printed, but others may only need a copy for recordkeeping, and a digital file will suffice. Think about where you can trim your printing efforts, and you will see big savings in your business’ toner usage.
With these easy tips, you will see a savings in the amount of toner your business uses on a regular basis. A printer store in Phoenix, AZ can help you save on toner usage with printer settings and features that will make the most of your toner cartridge. When you are in need of toner, contact Arizona Copier Outlet. We have almost 30 years of experience selling, repairing and maintaining copiers and printers and look forward to assisting you soon.
Categorised in: Printer Store