Signs It’s Time to Head to Your Local Printer Store in Phoenix, AZ
When your printer has a one-off problem that seems fairly easy to fix, the best course of action is usually to just have it repaired or tuned up. But when problems begin to persist, it’s time to start looking into a new unit, especially if the one you are using is old or outdated.
Here are a few tell-tale signs it’s time for you to head out to a printer store in Phoenix, AZ to buy a new piece of equipment:
- Printing quality has drastically deteriorated: You want to have a printer that is going to be reliable for any job you send its way. If your printer starts to churn out blank pages or seems to get jumpy during printing, you probably need to start looking into getting a completely new printer.
- You are constantly fixing paper jams: You’re going to have to deal with paper jams once in a great while with even the best printers on the market. When it becomes a repeated problem, however, the printer has outstayed its welcome. You shouldn’t have to guide every piece of paper through the machine—it should do it seamlessly by itself. Too many paper jams is too much trouble.
- You find yourself avoiding print jobs: It’s probably not a good sign if you are nervously avoiding printing out documents altogether simply because you don’t want to deal with a malfunctioning piece of equipment. If it’s more convenient for you to write by hand than print something out, then you definitely need to investigate new printer options. This is especially true if you regularly print out lengthy documents rather than single pages.
- Repair is more expensive than replacement: If you have a significant problem with your printer that’s going to cost a bundle to repair, it makes far more sense to just get a completely new unit than to try to repair the old one. This is especially true if you have an outdated model already, but even for printers that are only a couple years old, it is still the case.
- Your technologies don’t line up: If your printer is too outdated to connect to your current computer, it is probably way more trouble than it’s worth to find a way to hook it up. With a printer that old, it’s probably best to just make the upgrade for the sake of convenience (and sanity).
- You can’t find cartridges: Some companies no longer make cartridges for extremely aged printers. If you are no longer able to find ink and toner for your printer, then it’s essentially become worthless. Time to buy a new one!
While no one likes the idea of going out and spending the money to get a new printer, in some cases it is simply the best option you have available to you. For more information about choosing the right printer for your needs, contact our printer store in Phoenix, AZ, the Arizona Copier Outlet, and speak with one of our experts.
Categorised in: Printer Store