You may not realize how reliant you are on your printer until it breaks down. Suddenly, everything you need to do requires a copy or a printout. Work grinds to a halt as you await repairs. No one wants this scenario. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to avoid emergency copier repair in Phoenix, AZ:
- Schedule regular maintenance: Just like your car, your teeth and your HVAC system, your office machines benefit from regular checkups and service. Check the manufacturer’s recommendations for service on your specific machine. Contact a technician to regularly inspect your machine and perform any necessary cleaning, part replacement or other needed repairs. In doing so, you can discover potential problems while they are still small and avoid costly emergency repairs down the line.
- Read the manual: This seems like an obvious step, but it is one that many printer and copier owners don’t take. This booklet will provide tips and tricks to keep your machine running smoothly. Following the instructions included by the manufacturer will also ensure you aren’t mishandling parts or performing operations in a way that could cause damage to the machine. Do a little reading and save a lot of money.
- Train employees: Have you ever encountered someone standing at a printer, fists raised in frustration, ready to take a sledgehammer to the machine that keeps displaying “error”? Too often, employees are not properly trained on the operation and maintenance of printers and copiers. With a little extra instruction, you can ensure maintenance services aren’t called for simple tasks that could be handled by employees or for repairs caused by misuse.
- Limit access—pros only, please: Ensuring everyone who will be using the machines is properly trained is important. However, you may want to consider limiting who performs certain functions. This will reduce the risk of damage due to improper usage. For example, everyone can add paper, but perhaps you have designated employees who handle ink replacement or programming for the machine. Of course, for repairs, you should always contact a professional technician. Don’t let just anyone tinker with this important piece of equipment.
- Utilize your maintenance agreement: Don’t forget to make use of any agreements you have set up for your machine. When purchased, many copiers and printers include a service agreement for regular maintenance and repairs. Take advantage of whatever is included with this program. If the manufacturer does not offer a plan, check with your trusted service for copier repair in Phoenix, AZ to set up a maintenance plan for you. Using this pre-established service can help keep costs low as you avoid emergency repair calls.
- Check the warranty: It’s possible the problem you are experiencing with your machine is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. If this is the case, don’t waste money on emergency repairs—let the manufacturer pay for it. You may be able to replace the machine or request new parts based on the warranty offerings. Review this first before completing emergency repairs that could turn out to be quite costly. This could save a bundle in repairs.
If your issues are not covered under warranty, reach out to a professional technician for copier repair in Phoenix, AZ. Experienced technicians at Arizona Copier Outlet are ready to provide professional service and get your office running smoothly once again.
Categorised in: Copier Repair