As a printer store in Phoenix, AZ, we know that our corporate clients are always looking for ways to ensure that the promotional products they print, scan and copy are eye-catching and effective, without bordering on tacky or overdone territory. While there are rules for creating flyers that aren’t necessarily true 100 percent of the time, it is important to keep a few tried and true guidelines in mind when designing your company’s flyers, coupons or other printed promotional materials. Here are the six most important tips to keep in mind, from your printer store in Phoenix, AZ:
- Use snappy headlines: A flyer shouldn’t feel like something a person is forced to read; it should feel like something informal and fun, more like a magazine article than a dry advertisement. As such, a smart flyer will use a snappy, playful and short headline to make sure the reader is amused and invested right off the bat.
- Engage the reader: Rather than making things dry and theoretical, the job of all promotional material is to convey how your business relates directly to your target customer. Make sure you include information that relates to your key demographics, and use “you” and “your” to ensure that the potential customer stays engaged. The more familiar they feel with your product, the more likely they are to want to do business with you.
- Be personal: Beyond simply addressing topics that a potential customer will relate to, it is important that the overall tone of your promotional flyer, coupon or other material meets the reader where they are. However, when doing this, it is crucial to also not come off as pandering. Using relevant examples from daily life is a good way to achieve this goal.
- Use a thoughtful layout: Some layout tools can make a flyer appear seamless, well organized and thoughtful. Of course, when overused, those same methods can cause a piece of promotional material to come across as overstuffed, overwhelming and overdone. Test your flyer out on several people before printing it to ensure you find the right layout for your needs.
- Keep it simple: Remember: you are designing a flyer, not putting together the outline to your term paper. As we have already mentioned, nobody wants to read something if it feels more like work than fun. Make sure your paragraphs are short, the necessary information is easy to locate and that it does not come off as overly repetitive.
- Include a deadline: One of the best ways to guarantee a lot of business for your company is to advertise a deal that comes with a particular end date. Whether it is a coupon for 35 percent off frozen yogurt or a “one month free” annual contract offer, make sure your promotional material involves some sort of call to action and deadline.
In addition to being engaging and well organized, an effective flyer or coupon will also be printed using high quality equipment. For printers, copiers, scanners and more, come check out the selection at Arizona Copier Outlet, your local printer store in Phoenix, AZ.
Categorised in: Printer Store