Countless workers in the U.S. rely on printers to help them complete daily office tasks. When a printer breaks down, it can seriously slow or even stop office functioning and delay a company’s goals. Because printers are such an integral part of an office’s success, it is best to be proactive when mechanical issues start to appear. Taking action to repair a printer before it completely fails can prevent wasted time, money and employee strain.
It is important to recognize the warning signals of a malfunctioning printer so that you can seek professional assistance as soon as possible. The following are several signs that your machine may need printer repair service in Phoenix, AZ:
- Abnormal marks appear on printed pages: If there are large, blank spaces or abnormal ink marks on pages you are printing, you may need a professional to come and take a look at your printer. A printer technician will tell you whether the machine can be fixed with a simple exchange of toner cartridges, or if you have a more serious mechanical issue. Your technician will also be able to properly clean the machine to avoid printing problems in the future.
- The printer is making strange noises: Loud, abnormal noises coming from your printer are a sign that there is an issue within the machine. Sometimes, this can be fixed by removing a paper jam inside the printer. However, grinding and banging noises typically stem from a mechanical problem. If you hear these types of noises, it’s best to have a professional come check your printer immediately.
- Toner and bits of paper are loose: If you see atypical toner marks inside the printer, it may be a sign that the machine’s equipment is coming loose. Likewise, if you find loose bits of paper in the machine that do not come out easily, you may want to call a technician.
- Paper jams happen on a regular basis: While the occasional paper jam is normal – especially in a high-traffic office setting – regular blockages are not. If you’re experiencing routine paper jams, take a moment check that the obstructions aren’t due to user error. If you can’t figure out how to unblock the system and are unsure of the jam’s cause, it may be time to call in a printer service to help troubleshoot the situation.
- The printer’s performance is steadily declining: If a printer doesn’t work well most of the time and issues seem to be escalating, it’s imperative to call a repair service for assistance. A poorly performing printer is a disruption to your business and can cause a waste of company resources and budget.
- Your printer is more than five years old: Since technology is changing at a rapid rate, it may be in your best interest to invest in a new printer if your current one is more than five years old. Upgrading your printer can increase office productivity and may reduce costs in the long-term.
If you need printer repair service in Phoenix, AZ, or if you are looking to upgrade your printer, contact Arizona Copier Outlet today for more information.